Problem with g-code

Everything 4th Axis

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Schwierking

Problem with g-code

Post by Schwierking »

Hello everyone. I recently purchased the CNC Shark HD with the 4th axis set up and I am having great difficulty getting g-code that does what Vcarve is telling me its going to do. Doing a simple rounding toolpath I found that (at least I think it is) the circumference measure of my work piece is getting mixed up with the length of the work piece. I know this may be tedious to review but does someone mind looking at what I'm doing in my process and let me know what I am doing wrong? I have attached a zip folder with my Vcarve file, G-code and my set up.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

V/R

Joe Schwierking
Attachments
Rounding Toolpath.zip
Zip file with g-code, Vcarve rounding file and set-up.
(784.45 KiB) Downloaded 400 times

rcrick

Re: Problem with g-code

Post by rcrick »

Joe
I believe you have the software set up for a y rotation, you will need it setup in an x rotation if you have the 4th axis set on your table in the y direction. Remember if you have the 4th axis on your table in the Y direction, it means the setup is using the x axis for setting up the a-axis rotation. So you machine and post processor needs to be in the axis being wrapped is in the x-axis.
Hope this helps.
Rick

Schwierking

Post by Schwierking »

Rick,

Thank you for the response. I tried it again and found that my Vcarve will not give me the option to wrap the X axis. I noticed on the Next Wave page that they have the post processors available for download. I will try to re-install them to my computer and see if that fixes the issue.

Regards,

Joe

Schwierking

Post by Schwierking »

Rick,

I switched the work piece to align along the x axis and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help!

V/R

Joe