I Dd It!

Everything 4th Axis

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Char

I Dd It!

Post by Char »

I asked for Christmas and got my 4th axis today. So before I happily start with the frustration of the learning curve and wasting material any advice for a new owner? I have had my CNC and turned out some great projects with it in the past 7 months. I have the HD4 EXT.
Be the kind of woman a man fears, fix things, build things and do it right the first time!

ffloyd

Re: I Dd It!

Post by ffloyd »

There are three "trial" projects in the instruction booklet. I tried this with success. This gave me encouragement to try more advanced things. I even was able to put clip art on the workpiece as well. Check on YouTube and do google searches. There is a lot of help there.

About a year ago, I discovered https://Academy.LearnyourCNC.com. The instructor has a complete master course covering everything from toolpaths to 3D modeling and rotary lessons. The master course is a paid thing, but once you buy it, the lessons are yours in perpetuality. He also has a weekly live training that shows a project from start to finish. Again it is a subscription, but I have found it to be the fast track to learning all about VCarve and Aspire.

Also, check the Vectric.com website. They have several lessons for the rotary 4th Axis.
Fred
Shark HD520, JTech Laser, 4thAxis
Aspire v11.5