Shark setups Gallery

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

hdtheater

Shark setups Gallery

Post by hdtheater »

Have not seen any collection of machines on the forum and thought it would be cool to show off our machines and the setups we use. I'll start with mine.

Now post yours!

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

BillK

Re: Shark setups Gallery

Post by BillK »

Ok, here you go. Shark Pro Plus with Shark tank, bit and tool cabinets.
image.jpg
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Looks nice Bill. Do you have any suction on the tank or do you just clean it up after you are done carving?

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

BillK

Post by BillK »

If you look at the lower right corner of the table you can see a dust port. It's connected to two ports at the rear of the machine. There are two vents at the front bottom. I only use that with high dust materials like MDF while cutting. Otherwise I just vacuum it out after I finish a job.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

I debated building a tank. My biggest reason was for cutting materials that were bigger than the table. However, that has happened maybe twice. Second reason was for catching fine dust particles at the source as opposed to getting airborne. At this time I could go either way. I am thinking about building a vac table for hold down.

Keep the pics coming!

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

JuniorBirdMan

Post by JuniorBirdMan »

My new shark tank. I put a dust chute on one end and then used a length of 3" PVC with a slot as an air intake (the cabinet is as airtight as I could make it). The PVC can be rotated to direct the airflow up/down as needed. The slot is currently cut so the cross section of it is equal to the cross section area of a 4" dust collector hose. (I dunno; seemed like a good place to start.) I may try a couple more configurations of the slot to possibly get a higher velocity flow if needed.
Attachments
Shark Tank.jpg

milo30

Post by milo30 »

hdtheater wrote:I debated building a tank. My biggest reason was for cutting materials that were bigger than the table. However, that has happened maybe twice. Second reason was for catching fine dust particles at the source as opposed to getting airborne. At this time I could go either way. I am thinking about building a vac table for hold down.

Keep the pics coming!

-Eric
i built a tank then tore it down it was too constricting for me plus i do a lot of corian and mdf and i figure the boot is better to keep the dust away from the router intake and the cnc bearings. I have been toying with the idea of a vac hold down too

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

JuniorBirdMan wrote:My new shark tank. I put a dust chute on one end and then used a length of 3" PVC with a slot as an air intake (the cabinet is as airtight as I could make it). The PVC can be rotated to direct the airflow up/down as needed. The slot is currently cut so the cross section of it is equal to the cross section area of a 4" dust collector hose. (I dunno; seemed like a good place to start.) I may try a couple more configurations of the slot to possibly get a higher velocity flow if needed.

I like the flow of the design. I had an idea to use the exhaust vent on my Shopvac to blow air on the table to keep it airborne. With it all enclosed in a tank it might keep catch more dust.
Thanks,

-Eric

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

milo30 wrote:
hdtheater wrote:I debated building a tank. My biggest reason was for cutting materials that were bigger than the table. However, that has happened maybe twice. Second reason was for catching fine dust particles at the source as opposed to getting airborne. At this time I could go either way. I am thinking about building a vac table for hold down.

Keep the pics coming!

-Eric
i built a tank then tore it down it was too constricting for me plus i do a lot of corian and mdf and i figure the boot is better to keep the dust away from the router intake and the cnc bearings. I have been toying with the idea of a vac hold down too
I found a design for a vac table on Donektools web site.

Link to their construction video.

http://youtu.be/fOrkvPF0pro

When I get everyone else's projects done. This is on the top of my list.

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Anyone else want to show off their setup?

Don't be shy. I have a dryer duct connected to mine with a big rubber band holding it up.

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric