Trophies for local clubs

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

TAW

Trophies for local clubs

Post by TAW »

Our local men's club got to take over a long running 4 man best shot golf tournament and asked me to come up with a new/different trophy for them this yr. I was able to use the 3D ball and tee- cut out and added to them.
And the 5k ones, I have done something similar the last few yrs but this yr all the info for the run could be put into the trophy with no name plates.
The only thing I would do different on the golf ones....I would of used an end mill at slow speed for the outer thin blue groove. I did use the same bit (liner pencil tip bit) for letters and the groove and it had some tear out on the cross grain and was shallow on one area. (fixed by hand).
All in all they turned out good and they all loved them.
Attachments
IMG_20160608_171050648.jpg
IMG_20160620_170434754.jpg

jbyers

Re: Trophies for local clubs

Post by jbyers »

Looks awesome!! How did you paint the projects? I presume the golf ball and tee is a 3D add-on?
Jeff Byers
Shark Black Diamond owner since Feb-2014
Caledonia, WI

TAW

Re: Trophies for local clubs

Post by TAW »

Thx jbyers
Yes the ball and tee were from the sample pack that came with software.
Carved with tabs/ cut out and smoothed edges, painted with brush and glued to main part
the lettering wanted to chip out on the A and the E's in my test carve so had to slow down to 25% speed of IPM and all was fine.
I hand brushed the letters with the blue so would not have so much bleed out to get rid of latter...........well I should of carved deeper then I did. I then just sanded the entire flat surface/ palm sander before gluing on the ball and tee. Turned out good any way and had a little bleed out in the grain at 12 and 6 o'clock but I was ok with it. did use water based paint and water based poly.
This was the first 3d (2.5) carve that I had done. rest have all been lettering or signs.
TAW