A Few More NFL & Collegiate Clocks

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sharkcutup

A Few More NFL & Collegiate Clocks

Post by sharkcutup »

20161003_211326.jpg
20161003_213906.jpg

Have GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!! :)

Be SAFE around Those AWESOME Machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

IDBD

Re: A Few More NFL & Collegiate Clocks

Post by IDBD »

How did you paint these?

sharkcutup

Re: A Few More NFL & Collegiate Clocks

Post by sharkcutup »

Very Carefully!!! A very small brush and a steady hand! Oh yes and TIME for this cannot be rushed!!!

Have you ever colored by number --- well the clock carvings are basically the same. You lay down the carvings inner most areas first and you can be as messy you'd care to be cause the next step is to sand the entire surface area to remove that mess you had just made. Next you would paint all the other areas with a chosen color very slow and cautiously of course if you get paint on an area that you did not intentionally want that color you can very carefully go back a re-touch those areas with the right color.

After all the painting and touch-ups were done and thoroughly dry I sealed the entire clock with polyurethane (2 coats) first coat, let dry then sand lightly, then applied a second coat. Once all is dry I attached the clock movement hardware to the clock face.

The LSU collegiate clock was a little different from all the others in that I had to meticulously draw fine lines for me to follow on some areas to separate certain colors that needed to be painted.

Hope the above answers your question!

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :)

Be SAFE around those AWESOME Machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554