LED projects

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Joe P

LED projects

Post by Joe P »

Here's some pictures of a couple of recent acrylics LEDs I made this summer for retirements and an anniversary. The fire trucks I traced out from photos to get better details. Also changed the cross hatch angles in the diamond plate areas to add perspective. For the name plaque, I carved the guys' name into a piece of aluminum diamond plate.
Attachments
IMG_3077.JPG
IMG_2866.JPG
IMG_2707.JPG

BobA

Re: LED projects

Post by BobA »

Again, Good work.

Crosetti

Post by Crosetti »

Wow! Very Impressive
Black Diamond Shark HD
Vetric Aspire 9.5 / Shark Control Panel 2.1
http://www.tacer.biz/

rolexis

Post by rolexis »

I'm new to the CNC world and new to this forum.
Have a CNC Shark with some upgrades.

I love your LED signs, very clean cuts. I have made a few with mixed results. Still a learning curve for me with feed rates and type of bit. Im currently using Amana 1/8, 5/32, 1/16 single flute up cut bits. I have a few ballnose but they don't seem to work well. I make 4 passes for a final depth of approx. 3mm with a bosch router at approx. 18.000 rpms

Can you share what bit and feed rate did you use for your signs? Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I use a diamond drag bit for my edge lit acrylics.

Tony
Attachments
dd.JPG
dia.JPG
caro.jpg
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.