Router Bit Storage

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Bob

Re: Router Bit Storage

Post by Bob »

Ed,
Thanks.
And, if you're feeling adventurous, you can make them any shape.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

EdThorne

Post by EdThorne »

Hi Bob, I had looked at the link that you provided and noticed the variety of shapes. I was thinking of one shaped like the Baltic Peninsula. :lol:

Seriously, I hadn't thought of making an entire corner like you did. Did you glue together two pieces and then mill this assembly or did you just start with a piece that is double width?

Ed

Bob

Post by Bob »

Ed,
Baltic peninsula...why not? 8-)
The corner pieces were milled from 1 X 1 stock. Then, the inside .5 X.5 corner of each piece was removed using a table saw. Sometimes it's just easier to complete a part of an operation by using non-cnc.
The bottom was also easier to cut on a table saw, and complete on the router table.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Jason

Post by Jason »

I have tried for several days to design this corner joint on my own. Thanks to Bob, who gave me a pdf that contained 100 wood joints. In it was the design for a router bit storage box. I think the joints are a wonderful and simple way to make all kinds of decorative boxes. Anyhow, I thought I would share the .crv file I created to help any other newbies or pro's with a simple way to create a variety of boxes. The corner joint overall is 1 x 1 x 4.0625 with a .375 profile cut. depends on your preference, you may want to remove the inside corner in order to give you a "inside 90 degree" in all 4 corners. Don't understand my explanation, just look at the pic Bob posted.

p.s. My apologies if my posting the file are goofy. This is my second time posting anything and the first time posting files. If something came out wrong, message me and I'll try to clear things up.
Attachments
1 X 4.0625 CORNER JOINT.crv
(93.5 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
4.0625 CORNER JOINT.tap
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
BOARD JOINT 1X4.0625.tap
(13.45 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Last edited by Jason on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Nice job Bob.Always thinking Basecircle