Rackpack

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

IceStorm

Re: Rackpack

Post by IceStorm »

Bob wrote:IceStorm,
I got my rear in gear and made a copy of your world famous Rackpack.
Now I'll be the envy of everyone at the next picnic.
Thanks for the idea,
Bob
drink caddy.jpg
Looks great Bob, Hold your head high at the next picnic. :D

Be Safe, Rick Webb (AKA - IceStorm)

check us at - https://www.facebook.com/CarvedSignsAndPictures

JoeinWestMich

Post by JoeinWestMich »

I am as new a newbie as you can get so bear with my questions. How is the top rack attached to the handle? Are these files available anywhere either free or to purchase? As I am learning, I am finding that even with purchased or free files that I am learning something new that I can than bring into my own designs in Aspire 4. Both of these Rackpacks are awesome, by the way.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Ok, I took the bate, had to have one too. Still have to put the finish on and paint the text, but that's really not that important as you can see! ;0)
Attachments
image.jpg
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

IceStorm

Post by IceStorm »

Keith Hodges wrote:Ok, I took the bate, had to have one too. Still have to put the finish on and paint the text, but that's really not that important as you can see! ;0)
Good to see THE RACKPAC lives on :D I couldn't open your pic :( But knowing you it must be great.
Be Safe, Rick

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Nice going Keith. It came out nice.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

ttolli

Post by ttolli »

O.K. Rackpack Brothers of America, I personalized mine. It is my old high school insignia, the lightning R.
I will not be denied.
Tim
Attachments
DSCN0054 (640x480).jpg

IceStorm

Post by IceStorm »

ttolli wrote:O.K. Rackpack Brothers of America, I personalized mine. It is my old high school insignia, the lightning R.
I will not be denied.
Tim
I love it keep the RACKPACS coming. they all look great. :D

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

How are you attaching the top to the handle? Would love to make one for my brother.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Kevin, I put a notch on both sides of the handle, and slid the top up from the bottom and glued in place. When I get some shorter brads I'll probably brad/nail it in place to support the glue. You can see on mine where I rounded over the notch where it should have been flat where it meets the top, but I'll fix that next time. I'll just give this to one of my son's, they'll never notice.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Tim, I love the idea of personalizing like you did. Ideas just keep popping up. I was content with just personalizing with my name on the handle. Now you've issued a new challenge! ;0). Keith