Another memorial

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Another memorial

Post by Keith Hodges »

Had the distinct honor of being contacted by a lady who was the step mom of a Special Forces soldier, that was killed in action in Afghanistan last week. The family is still waiting for the return of his remains, hopefully sometime this week. She requested 3, 8 x 10 Lithophanes of him. One for her husband, his father. One for his mom. And one for his wife. Didn't know when exactly the body would return, but she needed the carvings before traveling to Texas for the funeral. After working nearly round the clock for two days, I made delivery to her today. She was very happy to have them to give to the family before the funeral. No fun in this one, but like I said, very honored to be of service to this family. Makes me love this hobby that much more, to be able to give someone a lasting memory of their loved one.
Attachments
image.jpg
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

tonydude

Re: Another memorial

Post by tonydude »

Keith,

Very nice. You did a great job in such a short time. The people that receives this will be proud.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

very nice keith.good job and great turnaround Basecircle

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Very nice. One day I need to learn how to do these