Heart in heart jewerly box, my version

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Heart in heart jewerly box, my version

Post by Keith Hodges »

All the regulars on this site know that BillK does some exceptional carving. Recently, Bill posted his Heart in heart jewelry box that he made for a customer, and I thought it was nice enough to make a similar one for my wife. All the projects posted by members of the forum are inspirations for me, as well as others, and that's what its for, to learn from, as well as help others with their projects. I didn't want to make the exact same project, nor could I since Bill is light years ahead of me in the 3D area. But I did do a very similar version, the inside anyways, but changed things a little on the outside. Mine is Red Oak, with a Purple Heart wood 3D Rose on top for a handle to lift the lid. I'm still going to either paint, or stain the text to make it more legible. Credit for this goes directly to Bill for his idea for this project, so, keep up the good work Bill, and keep them coming, I need more projects to copy! :lol:
Attachments
securedownload[2].jpg
securedownload[1].jpg
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

BillK

Re: Heart in heart jewerly box, my version

Post by BillK »

Keith,

That came out great and I'm very flattered that my design inspired you to make this. My original design was with red oak but my customer wanted something lighter in color, so we used Maple.

It's great to know an idea I had in New York could inspire a project in Arkansas!

Keep up the great work!
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Keith,

Nice heart jewerly box. Like how you used different woods for it.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Thanks Bill and Tony. Should have, and will, make the rose larger, and just noticed the bottom text was off center, so a new one is on order.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

BTW Tony, gonna do a lid for the 3 heart candy dish that you did.