Fluting Toolpath Excuse!

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

4DThinker

Fluting Toolpath Excuse!

Post by 4DThinker »

Nothing fancy here. Just a simple adapter plate needed for my new table saw. I've got a spare shop vac with typical 2.25" hose end, and the saw uses an internal 2.25" hose from the blade surround to an outlet port. The danged outlet port is 4" though. I looked into buying an adapter. Many available from many sources, and most under $10. Yet ordering one would mean 2 or three (or more) days waiting for it. I stared at the problem for awhile then realized that I could make my own adapter with my Shark.
DSCN1095.JPG
I used the fluting toolpath to taper the inside of the small hole to match the taper on the black hose end. 2.29" to 2.26" over 3/4". A simple dense circular array of very short lines, offset inward by the radius of the 1/4" bit I used. That hole worked surprisingly well!

My 4" slot on the inner side to slide over the 4" duct was very slightly loose. One wrap of blue painters tape and it stays on snug.

4D

gordread

Re: Fluting Toolpath Excuse!

Post by gordread »

Man, you just solved the problem I've been contemplating for months. How do I connect hose A to port B when they don't fit.

I can't believe that I didn't think of it myself. /headslap

Thank you 4D, you rock.

Gordon

4DThinker

Re: Fluting Toolpath Excuse!

Post by 4DThinker »

gordread wrote:Man, you just solved the problem I've been contemplating for months. How do I connect hose A to port B when they don't fit.
I can't believe that I didn't think of it myself. /headslap
Thank you 4D, you rock.

Gordon
You are very welcome, and don't worry about anything other than head bruises. I don't think of things either, until of course I think of it. :D