Starting Out

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

quietwoodcreations

Starting Out

Post by quietwoodcreations »

Just starting out into this world of carving. Here are some of our first pieces...Thank you to everyone on here for the tips and advice. I have spent more time reading than carving at this point, but it is making things go quite smooth!
Attachments
wood creations_swing1.jpg
signs_wedding sign2.jpg
wood creations_swing3.jpg

KarenW

Re: Starting Out

Post by KarenW »

Very nice!
If these are your first pieces then you're really ahead of the game.
:D
Karen

quietwoodcreations

Post by quietwoodcreations »

We've spent countless hours watching youtube and reading about projects, what to do, what not to do etc... Then just jumped in. Still have so much to learn regarding feed rate, step over, which bits to use etc...But thanks to all the folks on the forum there is so much quality information to help newbies out!

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Your off to a good start. Nice work. Until you get your feet wet, you never know how far over your head you really are. Plenty of help on this site.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Very nice work and great design work too. I love the sacred wood, cedar... everything looks better in cedar! I like the way it appears that you achieved the "2 level" lettering look on your sign by using just one level. And maybe stained the top before you carved?? Looks nice and has a good effect.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com