Second verse, almost, same as the first!

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Second verse, almost, same as the first!

Post by Keith Hodges »

Looking for something just a little different to prevent boredom. I love doing acrylics, but tired of same-O same-O. I saw a mention on the Vetric forum a year or so ago about carving profiles on acrylics, so thought I'd give it a try. Love the results. The first picture is the old way. Second is the new way.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

tonydude

Re: Second verse, almost, same as the first!

Post by tonydude »

Keith,

Little different, I like it. Your always coming up with something. Wish I had the time to do more but work gets in the way.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Do you have the shark set up in your bedroom or do you just not sleep? I can't find the time to do a tiny fraction of what you are doing on yours. Even on my days off I don't get enough accomplished.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Tony, your right, work gets in the way of fun every time. Now that I'm retired, I don't see how I had time for anything with work interfering like it did. For the first time in my life I have a shop like I want, and spend all the time in it I want. And a very understand better half, who has been known to deliver lunch to the shop, as well as just hang out with me there. Of course staying out of her hair helps too. Milo, having a very flexible schedule helps a lot. We're usually awake around 6 -7 am, catch up on the necessary stuff, like email, Facebook, news, weather, couple cups of coffee, catching up on the latest rumors, etc. then think about climbing out of bed by 10am for my commute to the shop, in my back yard. My wife lets me know when breakfast is ready. By then my first project is usually underway. With my shop doors open I can see down the street, and watch all the daily goings on of our country setting. And, as an added form of entertainment, target shoot at squirrels raiding my two very large Pecan trees just outside the shop. I know I've had a great day when I start seeing all the neighbors coming home from their respective jobs, and I feel like I've only just begun. The word "work" is now an evil word, usually accompanied with fingers forming a cross to ward off evil things.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

I'am with yuo Keith.Retired also.Left the Machine shop and into the woodshop.Enjoy the shark and love being out there.The work you do is first class.keep running them.Basecircle

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Thanks Basecircle. Retirement really is all it's cracked up to be. And one of he nice things, if we want to just take off on a day trip, we do. No plans. One of my favorite sayings, from the immortal Crocadile Dundee, when talking about what day it is. "Don't know, don't care"! :D