Shark setups Gallery

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Re: Shark setups Gallery

Post by Keith Hodges »

Very functional, maybe not pretty, but works for me. Wide enough to access for cleaning and lube, shop vac is dual purpose, suction and blowing. Vacuum slot is at the rear.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

I see another vote for a Shark tank. Makes me think I should try this setup in my new shop once it gets built. I like you are using the exhaust from the shopvac!

Does the string in the second pic hold the door shut? If so, could rare earth magnets to the trick?

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Keith,

That's a nice setup you have there, like how your controlling the wood chips.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Strong magnets should work. I put caninet door magnets on each side, but not strong enough. The nylon string stretches, so makes a nice snug fit. It's on the back door, so doesn't get opened as much as the front. Circulating the vacuum air gets pretty hot, especially during the summer, so I put a fresh air intake in the vacuum line. That's it at the rear, white 1/2 in PVC pipe. Sucks cooler air in just after the vacuum slot. I also have my front door resting on a couple 1 inch blocks, causing a 1 inch slot all across the front. It sucks air in, so theirs very little dust escaping. Without the venting, my router would be too hot to touch, same as when I was using the dust shoe. Tony, it's a huge improvement, noise and dust. I used to blow my shop out about 15 to 20 times a day. Now just a few. Helps protect the computer also.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.