Nativity in acrylic

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BillK

Nativity in acrylic

Post by BillK »

I haven't carved too much acrylic lately, so here's one I just finished. I wish the photo was clearer, sorry about that.

What's different about this one is it's the first one I've done without using a V-bit. Instead I used a 0.050" end mill from PreciseBits. The cut depth is .1" and they are all profile cuts. I really like the detail on this. Thanks!
image.jpg
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

Keith Hodges

Re: Nativity in acrylic

Post by Keith Hodges »

Hey Bill, guess all it takes to get people busy is to post something simple like my post just before this one. Funny how people post in spurts. Nice carving.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

BillK

Post by BillK »

Thanks Keith. I'll get a better picture when I get the permanent light source hooked up. I saw your ornaments very nice. I was thinking of making ornaments out of that 12 days of Christmas file that was floating around last year. What bit do you use for profiling your ornaments?
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Everything was 60 degree v bit, but caused a lot of melting. Running the file twice and continuous blast of air from my compressor cleans it up pretty nice.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Nice job Bill.I like the cut.keep cranking them out.Basecircle

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Bill, I've done a few logos that didn't have a lot of fine details with a .125 ball nose bit, and the results were really nice. Might try the .0625 ball nose on fine details to see how it works. The ball nose makes some really smooth cuts like this Broncos carving.
Attachments
image.jpg