Head Stone

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Dash

Head Stone

Post by Dash »

My wife suddenly passed away a few years back. Sure taught me about living. When I feel my temper or my impatience rising, I tell myself, " She is still teaching me." I could have been nicer to her and paid more attention to what she wanted....
This is a simple headstone for her. She has been without one. I just couldn't find one that fit. Now I did! Simple, makes a simple statement and she would be happy. I can't wait to get it set for her. Yes, the cemetery has rules and regs on stones and such... We are just out of that control. (Not that would make any difference to me anyway. Every one 'round here knows I am pretty hard headed at times...)
Thanks,
Dash
(and Sue)
Attachments
001.JPG

Consultingwoodworker

Re: Head Stone

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Very nice Dash, sorry for your loss.

I know Granite is out, but I used to have a customer when I was selling CNC machines hat made soapstone sinks. They used a standard CNC with carbide bits.

The Shark is pretty lightweight, but with very shallow pass depths and slow feeds, you might be able to carve soapstone with it if you dare! Lol

Ralph

drueth

Post by drueth »

Dash

The stone is very beautiful. I am sorry for your loss and I hope that each time you read the replies on this site to your post you will remember the good times you had with your wife. Thank you for the post.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

Dash

Post by Dash »

Good evening!! Guys, thanks for the nice replies. Like I said, I think of her often when lose patience or my cool......Ok, yea many, many times per day!! lol.
Just a quick note to say thanks....

Soapstone, hmmmm. I am still looking for bits to carve travertine and tumbled stone... I carved a piece a few months back but I think I need carbide bits formed a different way than solid. I need to build a cooling system, somehow... Next project for spring....I will figure it out though,

Thanks,
Dash