Name carving

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rzarate

Name carving

Post by rzarate »

Is there anyone in the chicago west suburbs who would engrave a nane on a piece 3 "X 12 " of Paduk

milo30

Re: Name carving

Post by milo30 »

I believe that I have seen some people on here in the Chicago area but I don't know if they come to the forums often. If you don't get a response, I would look at craigslist. Locally there is someone with a cnc who makes signs like this pretty cheaply. The other option is to pay someone to do it and mail it to you. Try the map section and see if you can find someone nearby.

rzarate

Post by rzarate »

Thanks very much for the advice . Is there any one that will carve a name i am prepared to cover expenses and fee

milo30

Post by milo30 »

I'm pretty busy right now and backed up a bit on orders. If you don't get someone to take your offer soon, I'll see about doing it for you. What are you looking for exactly. Just a simple name v-carved into the wood and what font? If that is all you want and you take care of the sanding and finishing, it can be done easily.

rzarate

Post by rzarate »

yes a simple v carving on the face can you tell me what Fonts you can produce?

milo30

Post by milo30 »

I have thousands on my computer. You'd have to look online and find one that you wanted and then someone could tell you if it is a font that would machine well. The program used on the machine will run virtually any font that you load into it. There are websites that sell the uncommon fonts that didn't come in the various programs on the computer already.

rzarate

Post by rzarate »

Thanks i will look online