Wedding plaque 3d picture

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

basecircle

Wedding plaque 3d picture

Post by basecircle »

Hi gang. Well I have here a small project I worked on for" A FRIEND OF OUR'S " That has gotten married .The Plaque is 7/8 thick 8x10 silver maple.Nice to cut leaves good detail.I ran the photo with Aspire 4 (Wow what a program) So the picture jumps out at you.3d baby I cut it with a 1/16 ball nose .010 step over.Less sanding.I use the 120grit 3/4 dia 3m brissel (these are expensive)Do the job.I used black Shoe polish to fill in the carving.Then hand sanded to bring out the image.The lettering was cut with the amana 60 deg tool.Clean cuts.Made up a base and glued and screwed it together. Then gave it three coats of satin poly (minwax water base) sanded between coats.I love to spray the poly and using satin drops the glare.Water base isthe way to go.I also made A brass plate that will be mounted to the front.(Used my home made
diamond drag tool. Hope you all enjoy it. Basecircle
Attachments
front shot
front shot
side shot
side shot
back shot
back shot

tonydude

Re: Wedding plaque 3d picture

Post by tonydude »

Basecircle,

Very nice, unique design.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

BillK

Post by BillK »

Basecircle,

Great job and nice to see another convert to Aspire 4. Watch out though, it can get addictive, :lol:

I like the shoe polish effect. I thought of using it a few times but never tried it.

Your friend will really appreciate it.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

davemartin88

Post by davemartin88 »

To use shoe polish, do,you apply a light coat and let dry, then sand the surface of the wood? Was the lettering colored the same way? Thanks for sharing.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Hi Dave.I just take a bristle paint brush and trim it about .5 from the ferrel of the brush.Its nice and stiff.(1"wide brush).Then I dab the brush in the shoe polish and hit the brush on a rag to get the excess off the brush.then I dab it into the carving.You can sand right away.You will notice as you sand the carving will jump out at you.The letters on this carving were sprayed with stencil ink(precoat surface with sanding sealer )It stops the bleed.There ya have it give it a try.Basecircle