Another two light Acrylic

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

basecircle

Another two light Acrylic

Post by basecircle »

I just to show ya this one.I made it as a gift for her,She is in the band,I used the school colors Blue and Gold (Aka Yellow,) could not get the yellow i wanted,So I took sone bright white leds and took three folds of yellow cellophane,Perfect color. This was also diamond dragged. Hope you Like it. Basecircle
Attachments
Blank shot
Blank shot
003.JPG
004.JPG

gad5264

Re: Another two light Acrylic

Post by gad5264 »

Very nice. I like the design.
Grant gad5264
Go BUCKEYES

EdThorne

Post by EdThorne »

Beautiful. I have never tried that technique. Really works well.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Nice basecircle, I was going to do a two color rose acrylic after I get caught up with a few projects first. I already got the file done for mine just have to carve two 1/4" acrylics for it and using green and red led strips on mine.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

Can you show more detail on how you did the 2 color. I have had people ask if this can be done.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Nice work Basecircle. Haven't gotten around to doing the multi lights, but they are pretty cool. Question. I've had a drag bit for months, but like everything else, I procrastinate way too much. Still haven't used my probe that I've had two years now. Anyway. The Lions acrylic shows the drag lines quite a bit, but your next one doesn't. Different settings, step over, or what? Just curious. Thanks. Keith
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Hello Keith my friend.The difference is pressure.Turn the screw on the back.more spring pressure.Cut it if not what you want.Make another adjustment.Redrag.That was the only difference.Oh by the way I too have used my probe 2years now.Give that scratch a try.Oh yeah I use the pocket toolpath for alot of the dragings. For the tool I put in a 90deg.1/8dia. cutter.But i really use the drag tool. Basecircle

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Basecircle,
Thanks for the info on the drag bit, I have one for couple months now but haven't used mine yet. I have to try it now on my next one this weekend.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Glad to see I'm not the only procrastinator here. My problem is, when I see something really cool, I have to get it, even if theirs no chance of using it anyway soon. Case in point. I bought my 1951 Ford F1 pickup almost a year ago, and it's still sitting in my yard needing a little touch up work. Think their was a song years ago, "Someday".
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.