CNC Skull

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

WJScrews

CNC Skull

Post by WJScrews »

I was able to create this 11x11 Skull and Cross Wrench plaque. I have a small engraving business and recently purchased my CNC Shark in order to add another dimension to the plaques I already make. So I plan to continue to post our creations on here for all to see. So enjoy and if you have questions please let me know I am willing to share what I can with other wood workers however some things I make come with copyrights so I will not be able to share those. I also have a laser engraver and plan to combine both aspects of CNC routing and laser engraving to create some cool stuff.
Attachments
Skull Wrench 1.jpg
Skull Wrench 2.jpg
Skull Wrench 3.jpg

EdThorne

Re: CNC Skull

Post by EdThorne »

Very nicely done. You say that you recently purchased your Shark. You certainly are learning a lot faster that I did. Congrats!

WJScrews

Post by WJScrews »

Thank you, The only reason I seem to be learning fast is that I have had a Laser engraving machine for 3 years now and a lot of the design process is the same I simply have to change the how I output the file and of course use the tool-paths for the CNC where as the laser does not have tool paths it uses speed and power so the learning curb for myself has been faster then most i think.

csnyder3

Post by csnyder3 »

great job can i purchase the plans for the skull

WJScrews

Post by WJScrews »

No need to purchase I got this Skull from a site that had it for a free download enjoy. The file is in eps. format which is easily imported to Aspire or VCarve after import you can choose the vectors and tool you want to use. I used a 90 Degree V Groove bit to carve the skull and a 1/8 inch end mill to cut out the skull. The wood used was pine select and was 3/4 in thick.
Attachments
Skull.eps
(54.64 KiB) Downloaded 344 times

csnyder3

Post by csnyder3 »

Thanks alot, i'm going to try this for my son he will love it.

csnyder3

Post by csnyder3 »

WJScrews, thanks agian for the file for the skull.
I have been trying to find a file for deer and turkey mounts do you have any suggestions where to look.
I have drawn a couple up but would like something better.
Thanks