Custom outlet covers

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Custom outlet covers

Post by Keith Hodges »

A little over a year ago, Ralph posted a file in file sharing, pertaining to plug covers. Then awhile later a few others were added. I've always thought these were pretty cool, and waited patiently for more to be added. I decided to quit waiting and do them myself, and shared them on the file sharing section. At the time of posting I had only tried one of them. It worked nicely, and hoped the rest would be fine. Today I did another, and was pleased with the fit. These are test pieces, and haven't really decided what wood I want to do the final versions in. Being Cherry, they look nice, but I'm thinking something darker. Also, I need to explore an appropriate color for the screws and switches and plugs. Anyway, thought I'd share the outcome so far.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

BillK

Re: Custom outlet covers

Post by BillK »

Those look pretty good Keith. I did a room in knotty red pine planking and I purchased wood cover plates and they look good with the red pine. But I think I aspire to something a little more fancy. Let's see what I come up with.

Is that 1/2" stock for those?
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

Keith Hodges

Re: Custom outlet covers

Post by Keith Hodges »

Bill, they start at 1/4 inch stock. The large pocket on back removes 1/8.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.