Wedding Jerseys

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jbyers

Wedding Jerseys

Post by jbyers »

Just weeks after receiving my new Shark HD, my daughter asked if I could make something for her wedding reception. You know those little paper tents with your name and table number on them that you get at the front door? Well, her wedding had a baseball theme, so she wanted to replace the tents with a Jersey. Each person gets one...200 of them... This was a 3-step process. Machine the Jersey profiles, V-Carve the front with the wedding details, then V-Carve the back with the name and table number. Made a vacuum fixture for the V-Carve steps. She added colored ribbons to indicate food selections and double as a way to hang the jersey on the tree :). Used the wedding guest list we created in Excel and imported it to VCarve Pro using "Plate Production" to create each unique Jersey. Fun first project on the CNC.
Attachments
Final Table
Final Table
Fixture
Fixture
Jersey Front
Jersey Front
Jeff Byers
Shark Black Diamond owner since Feb-2014
Caledonia, WI

tonydude

Re: Wedding Jerseys

Post by tonydude »

I love these. I bet she was thrilled the way they came out. More creative ideas on this forum.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Awesome idea... bet you won the award for best father on that one. It really sets the average wedding reception to the exceptional level with all the little details like that. Not exactly an easy "early on job" but apparently you have not only the desire but the ability to handle a very steep learning curve. Great job!

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

jbyers

Post by jbyers »

Thanks Tony, she did love them. She has had a few requests from friends for future weddings already...She's proud :).

Roger, thanks! They were definitely a talking piece of the night, second to the wedding of course :). Honestly, I fully expected to see a bunch of them laying on the table at the end of the night, but was delighted to find only 1 of them.

This is my first CNC at home. Been woodworking for many years, Been in IT for many years, and about 20 yrs ago I was a CAD designer and CNC programmer in the Sheet Metal world (Lasers and Punch Press). How things have improved from writing G-Code on a teletype!! Still have a lot to learn. One of my best friends tells me that the Shark covers all of my "TIC's" in life :)... Couldn't agree more... LOVE IT!
Jeff Byers
Shark Black Diamond owner since Feb-2014
Caledonia, WI

drueth

Post by drueth »

jbyers

I would have to say IT A GRANDSLAM and the ball is OUT-A-HERE. I think you have created a new nich market GREAT job. thank you for sharing your idea.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

MarkB611

Post by MarkB611 »

Really nice.
Great idea!

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Great project Jeff and many thanks for sharing. I think we'd all be grateful if you'd create a post just on the small vacuum jig you created as well (when you get some time around all the other requests for wedding tents...).