text on text sign

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonydude

text on text sign

Post by tonydude »

Text on text sign, using a .125 ball nose bit only. Used aspire program for the layout.

Tony
Attachments
IMG_2160.JPG
IMG_2161.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

joethegasman

Re: text on text sign

Post by joethegasman »

Nice work!

Which names did you do first? Is this an inlay or painted?

An inquiring mind wants to know! :)

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I used aspire program to do this. The large font is 1/8" deep and the names are 1/4" deep, The large name is 3" high and the first names are 1-1/2" high and I used paint markers to paint the letters.

Tony
Attachments
name.JPG
names.JPG
name 1.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Horseshoe

Post by Horseshoe »

I am struggling terribly getting letters to merge. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Do you have a step by step already in place somewhere?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Horseshoe,

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4385 When doing text on text do the following. example: material size 5.375" x 11" make border 4.375" x 10", bottom letters are 3" high, top letters are 1-1/2" high. Click on bottom letters go to modeling tab click on create shape from vectors set base height at .125 and the angle at whatever you want, click apply than click start new component. Click on top letters base height at .25 and click on merge highest points with previous components, than click close. Go to toolpaths, click on 3d finishing toolpath, click on your border line pick .125 ball nose bit, click on selected vectors under maching limit boundary hit calculate. Preview toolpath, that's it.

Tony
Buffalo,NY