Another text on text sign

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

wsteffan

Re: Another text on text sign

Post by wsteffan »

Tony,

I made the Aspire purchase.
I created the text on text from your file and notes.

I started to run the cut, and noticed that the .125 BN was having trouble cutting that deep on single pass.
I just made it through the first 2 passes and was able to remove some of the chips and continued on.
The outcome was OK, I needed lots of sanding cleanup, but ok.

I noticed I did not changed the speed from what was on your file to make my output.

I had the speed a bit slower on RPM and FR.
So I tried another cut, and raised the speeds and feeds to match yours. That did not work at all.

I snapped the bit on the first pass.

Bosch 1617.
Pine Wood.
China HSS .125 BN so not a big deal there.

Text on text. Bottom raised .125 and top raised .25. .75 inch pine wood.

The rate just seemed to be moving faster than the bit could cut.

Any suggestions.

Wayne
Aspire 8.024, photo vcarve, cnc Shark 60th, control panel 2.1

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

First of all, the feeds and speeds I used was for my machine which I know it can handle it. Don't assume yours will be the same. I use a porter cable model 892 router with a 2-1/4 horsepower, not a bosch. I use a .125 ball nose bit from http://www.precisebits.com/products/car ... 250b4f.asp my stepover on my ball nose bits are 8% and I have no sanding what so ever. You have to learn what you machine can handle before doing that kind of carving it takes practice. Look at my tool data for my .125 ball nose.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Here ya go Tony. Because of your step by step instructions, once again put me on the right track. Thanks for all your help. I imbellished a little by adding the Crawfish for a friend down in Louisiana.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.