Time

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

SwampTiger29

Time

Post by SwampTiger29 »

Hello everyone I am about to buy the Shark Pro HD3 and wanted to know when is the best time to buy? Looking at Rockler they have a bundle with 4 tips, the machine touch plate, and vacuum boot for 3999. Should I hold off or strike now. Thanks for the input, have a good one.

gordread

Re: Time

Post by gordread »

I've watched over the last few years, and in 6 months there will be a new model which will be either slightly less expensive, or will have a new tool to bring the bundle value up. You could wait forever trying to get the 'best deal' or you could just purchase when you are ready and start using it to make really cool projects. :)

SwampTiger29

Post by SwampTiger29 »

Thank you for the heads up, just didn't want to see in a month 1,000 off or something like that.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I haven't seen rocker ever discount the CNCs they sell other than bunding accessories with them as it gets closer and closer to Christmas time.
At best you may find a used Shark for sell if you want to save money.
The best value in the Shark packages is the Vectric software they come with.

SwampTiger29

Post by SwampTiger29 »

Thank you for the heads up, I will go ahead and get this bundle since it will give me a good start. Any advice on what bits to buy later, found a set for 1800 little harsh to start off. Have a great one.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I would start off with a .25 end mill, .125 end mill, .125 ball nose, .25 ball nose, 90 v bit, 60 v bit. Those are the most common bits to start off.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

SwampTiger29

Post by SwampTiger29 »

Thanks I will be looking those bits up shortly. Drew