Paradise Clock

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

basecircle

Paradise Clock

Post by basecircle »

Hi gang been awhile since I posted something.Here is a clock I made for a friend who is moving to Florida.It's 2.5x10x16 made from pine.The clock movement is clear.I cut the clock face on .250 acrylic Cut the palm tree in a dish using a 1/16 ball nose.the Lettering was cut using a 60 deg cutter.Om to the picture on the right.He gave me a photo and I had to clean it up alot.It is 5x8 I used Aspire and cut it backward so shiny side up.Used a 1/16 ballnose also.Now onto the 3d carving.Roughed out using the .250 ball nose and then used a .250 endmill.Did the clock hole and the bamboo frame finished with a .125 ball nose.And then used the texturing tool to make it look hand carved.I have blue leds he requested.He also wanted it to plug in.And I added the small remote.Built a frame on it with a back(painted white for better reflection)so he can hang on a wall or on a shelf.I made a pair of feet that attach to the bottom.I am not a photog so its better in real life. Hope you like it. Basecircle
Attachments
view not lit up
view not lit up
lit up nice and bright
lit up nice and bright
020.JPG

BillK

Re: Paradise Clock

Post by BillK »

Very nice job basecircle, great composition for the Tropical scene.

Was wondering if you considered a backing piece for the clock face that would hide the works during the day? Thin piece of wood, paper, cloth, foil, etc.

Came out really well, your friend should be real happy with it.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Thanks Bill that is a great idea for the clock movement.I will use it. Thanks Basecircle

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

I did it using a scrap piece of white corian. Sanded it down to about 1/8 inch thick, round with a hole in the center. Turned out nice. Guess anything would work well though.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

jimily

Post by jimily »

Very nice all around, I like stuff that glows. :)

Jim
It is easier to destroy than it is to create, just look at my scrap pile.

2014 Shark Pro Plus HD
Bosch EVS1617 w/ PrecisionBits Collets
Dixie Billet Aluminum Router Clamp Upgrade
Vcarve 8.0, Inkscape on Windows 8; CP 2.1 on WinXP