Memorial Night light

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonydude

Memorial Night light

Post by tonydude »

Made another night light out of corian. The woman's boyfriend passed away suddenly and I did the night light for her.I used a .0625 ball nose bit with rpms of 10,000 and feed rate of 100 ipm carving depth of .12 deep. Took 1 hr and 20 minutes to carve.

Tony
Attachments
2.jpg
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

jimsr1959

Re: Memorial Night light

Post by jimsr1959 »

Turned out very nice.

jimily

Post by jimily »

That was very nice of you and it turned out really well. Thanks for the run-facts. :)

Jim
It is easier to destroy than it is to create, just look at my scrap pile.

2014 Shark Pro Plus HD
Bosch EVS1617 w/ PrecisionBits Collets
Dixie Billet Aluminum Router Clamp Upgrade
Vcarve 8.0, Inkscape on Windows 8; CP 2.1 on WinXP

mchurchf

Post by mchurchf »

Tony

Your night lights are really nice. I bought the base and clips from Klockit but dont understand how to put them together. It looks like the corian slides into the clip but I have 1/4 inch corian and I believe I need 1/8 inch. The base is the swivel base but I don't understand how to mount the clip to the base. Could you submit a picture of how you assemble them and if I need 1/8 inch corian where do i find some. I cant find 1/8 inch on Ebay.

Thanks

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

This is how I attach them. No 1/8" just 1/4" corian.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

mchurchf

Post by mchurchf »

Ok thanks. I took another look at the night lights and see I just purchased a different model. Is there a particular glue you prefer? I'm assuming any glue that will work for plastic would work fine. Thanks again

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I use super glue.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

mchurchf

Post by mchurchf »

I'm on it, thanks again