Acrylic project for sick friend

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

basecircle

Acrylic project for sick friend

Post by basecircle »

Hi gang been awhile since I posted last.I have here a 7x7 1/4 thick pc. of cast Acrylic.My old high school buddy lives in Alabama and he is a big time fan of the Crimson Tide
football team.BAMA Rolllllllllll Tide.The last time I saw him was 48 years.ago Well he is very sick and will not be with us very long.So I built this Acrylic for him.The base is walnut and the bottom is cherry.I used my diamond drag tool.I have a 9 volt battery in to light it up.Using red leds.One of a kind pc.I hope he will like it. Basecircle
Attachments
008.JPG
010.JPG
019.JPG

tonydude

Re: Acrylic project for sick friend

Post by tonydude »

Looks good basecircle. Are those 5050 led lights? How long does the 9 volt battery last? I never used a 9 volt battery always a plug in.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Sorry Tony it took so long to get back to you.Yes they are 5050 lights And the 9 volt battery will run the lights for about 3days left on.I too use the plug ins. But alot of people do not like the cord.Now if it's for a bar and stays lit.Plugin. But the battery ones are more portable. You always do great work.I really like the corian and acrylic job.I will try that. Ok I hope you and your family have a "MERRY CHRISTMAS" Basecircle

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Basecircle,

Thanks, will be doing another corian and acrylic one shortly. I also wish you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS too.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

csnyder3

Post by csnyder3 »

Basecircle,
That is truly the best acrylic i have everseen ( but I love Bama). Where can i get the Alabama emblem file, I have searchrd for that one and can not find.
It would be greatly appreciated.
And I'm very sorry to hear your friend is sick give him a big Roll Tide from all us Bama fans.
God Bless and Merry Christmas

Thanks,
csnyder3
RTR

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

csnyder3, just Google Roll Tide line art. You'll find all their logos. Simply copy and paste the logo you want, then copy into your software.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

csnyder3

Post by csnyder3 »

Thanks Keith I really appreciate the info, it is really nice to have more experienced people to ask and nice enough too help.
Thanks Again.
csnyder3
RTR

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Hi csynder Keith my friend is correct.Plenty of Bama images .For you to use. And thank you for the compliments.This is the best forum.Great People.Great projects. Basecircle

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Hi csynder Keith my friend is correct.Plenty of Bama images .For you to use. And thank you for the compliments.This is the best forum.Great People.Great projects. Basecircle

csnyder3

Post by csnyder3 »

I've never done any Acrylic work only wood. can you use plexiglass lexan to do anything like your your project?
Thanks