Acrylic project for sick friend

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

csnyder3

Re: Acrylic project for sick friend

Post by csnyder3 »

I used the info / help from you'll and tried the file in wood on a turkey call that i made, pretty happy how it turned out.

thanks again for the help
Attachments
alabama slate call.jpg

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Sorry I have been dragging my feet.We all use Cast acrylic.It cuts great.As for the plexi and the stuff lowes,Home depot.They melt and real gummy cutting.I buy all my cast acrylic.From e-streetplastics.Good prices great service.If I can help let me know. Basecircle

csnyder3

Post by csnyder3 »

are you using a spring loaded tool holder with the diamond drag bit on the acrylic.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

I use the diamond drag tool a lot.I bought it on e bay and have 90 deg. 60 deg. diamonds.You will love it.And I do all my brass engraving plates . Basecircle

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

I love my diamond drag bit. But, depending on what your doing, I find v bits work well, such as text where I like deep v cuts. Also, .0625 ball nose bits, and sometimes .125 ball nose bits give very nice results. Just depends on you. Try it all, your only limited by your imagination.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

csnyder3

Post by csnyder3 »

Keith,
This may be a dumb question but when using the V bits and Ballnose bits are you dragging them (with router off) or turning (with router on)?
Thanks for the info it helps save a lil' material sometimes.

Thanks

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Router working. V bits make a nice v cut into the acrylic, just like wood. The ball nose makes a nice smooth path through it. Don't be shy, try it each way. Different projects require different bits.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.