A few of our HS shop projects

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

egglestt

A few of our HS shop projects

Post by egglestt »

After seeing a bunch of acrylics on here, I finally decided we needed to try one with the mascot our high school. We are at risk of having to change our mascot, so everyone in the community wants something 'Braves.' When I showed my principal he wanted us to make and start selling them. It's been a great project for us, and it's helped bring a little extra money into our program, as well as show the community some of the cool things we are doing.
20151104_161240.jpg
Since I'm also the FFA advisor, we did one of the FFA emblem that resides on my desk.
20151210_154418.jpg
Last year we made and donated a similar sign to a silent auction. A few weeks before Christmas the lady that bought that sign contacted me to see if we could make her a similar one for a family member. To get this color on the white oak we sand it down and give it a couple of coats of wipe-on poly prior to carving. After carving we sponge brush on some ebony stain; we let the stain sit for about 10 seconds, then wipe it off with a clean rag and let it soak into the carved parts.
20151218_080639.jpg

EdThorne

Re: A few of our HS shop projects

Post by EdThorne »

Really terrific work. Your team is very talented!!

Jason

Re: A few of our HS shop projects

Post by Jason »

Those look great. It looks like your using a plug to power the lights. Do you have a particular supplier that has the best deals? I'm looking for a supplier.