first projects coming off shark

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

lawrence

first projects coming off shark

Post by lawrence »

After a year + without having a workshop or CNC (I retired from the USAF we traveled the US for a year and then settled in Oak Harbor WA) I am finally up and running again. I converted an old (built in 1904) 20 x 40 granary into a workshop (I added a new roof, new electrical, new foundation structure) and have been working to get a functional shop up and running again (It is FUN to buy a shop again mostly from scratch)

For a CNC, I decided to go with a 2 x 4 CNC Shark HD and added a 1 3/4 hp porter cable router. I have been learning the differences between it and my old CNC (a Carvewright) and so far am impressed with the capability differences, though I am finding the software learning curve to be steep too.

At any rate, I turned out my first sign yesterday and though it's VERY simple, ,I hope it will be the start of many projects to come (and hopefully a part of a new business in the near future) It's a gift for a glass blowing instructor who taught my family and I a class. I'm going to give it to him this morning when we pick up our pieces from his shop.

Thanks for looking, it's nice to be making again
Lawrence

tonydude

Re: first projects coming off shark

Post by tonydude »

You should look at the tutorials on vectric. http://support.vectric.com/training-material follow along with it, lot of great info and tips. I still learn stuff on it, even after 5 yrs doing cnc projects.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

tonydude

Re: first projects coming off shark

Post by tonydude »

Nice first project to start.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.