3D Shell-Dish - VCP8 3D Component Tools

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

NewAgent45

3D Shell-Dish - VCP8 3D Component Tools

Post by NewAgent45 »

I’m retired and in my third year with CNC Shark and VCP software. I have always had great interest in the 3D projects. I don’t have the budget for Aspire. I’m delighted with the 3D enhancements made to VCP version 8. A couple days ago I went through the Dished 3D Sign Tutorial in detail.

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... cks_5.html

This is another good tutorial. It is helping me better understand the Component property tools. I designed the simple dish using a VectorArt3D Shell model and one of the Dome-Dish models in the VCP8 library. I used one instance for the oval dish carved in the top side. I decided to try using 3 instances of the dome for feet on my shell plate. By accident I discovered the component settings to get this effect. Look carefully at the feet on the bottom of my plate in the picture. The veins of the shell from the lower level were projected on to the surface of the dome. In this case I felt this blended in better than simple dome would and the feet function perfectly. The model height for each were adjusted based on the 3D side (x & y) view with the tool paths selected. This allows you to see how close to zero the feet are.
Side View used
Side View used
Shell-Dish Top
Shell-Dish Top
Shell-Dish Bottom
Shell-Dish Bottom
Have a great day!

.... Rod