text on text...Finally

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

TAW

text on text...Finally

Post by TAW »

Well after an enormous amount of time trying to get a tool path that worked for me.............I got one to really carve correct. actually 3-4 now...
I read and watched so many threads/ tutorials/ over and over and it just did not sink in. Until I watched a legacy text on text Utube video it all made more sense on how to actually get the top and bottom text ready to calculate.
I also do not know how guys are trying to switch bits on this kind of carve and getting the 2nd bit at the correct height for the Z /zero? ......with out using vertical zero- this is a life saver. I tried using un carved area to check the z setting (after vertical zero set up) and tried the method of putting the 2nd bit in router but not completely tightening the collar and bumping off same spot as the 1st bits zero was and was always still too high and left a step after finish carve- even if going off board and setting the .002/.003 it was off and re zeroed out.
The virtual zero is the best thing since sliced bread as far as I can see when trying to set a 2nd bit up at the correct Z.
Attachments
IMG_20160328_045955740.png

basecircle

Re: text on text...Finally

Post by basecircle »

Nice Job on the text on text.Looks like you nailed it Basecircle

TAW

Re: text on text...Finally

Post by TAW »

thx still learning on it too.... I have figured out I was getting multiple layers when designing and when trying to clip/ cut out the letters with inner and out closed vectors it would take for ever - now at least I see that right away if I do double up and can just highlight and delete until I am working on only ONE layer......