First large sign compleated

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

basecircle

First large sign compleated

Post by basecircle »

Hi I have my first large sign job done.It's A 3x9x8' sign.A friend of mine wanted a sign for his tobacco shop. The outside is made from 1x4 poly. painted metallic Blue.The front face is aluminum.next is 1/2 x7 1/2 x8' mdf. then 1/8 semitransparent Blue plexi. Mounted the white large l e d s .And put on the back.Used the tile feature. My shark is only 24x36.It was alot of fun and got to try some new things. hope you like it. Basecircle
Attachments
1483130484541.jpg
IMAG0052.jpg

Keith Hodges

Re: First large sign compleated

Post by Keith Hodges »

Hard to believe after all this time this is the first for you. Sure doesn't look like a first. Good job.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

How you been Keith my friend? Long time hey? Well Than ks for the compo.On the sign.I have a 3' dia ega make and in the sanding stage I will do a preview before paint.Oh by the way.Get out the marching band!!! I tried my probe.It's only 4years old.Did a large job.It did not do so well.So I ran a dime.Still not good.From what I understand I have to break it in.Will try.And then it is your turn.Stay warm My friend. Basecircle

TAW

Post by TAW »

Very very nice!

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Doing good basecircle. I'm afraid it's been way too long since I visited this site. Gotta get back into it though. Still going strong with my CNC stuff, just not posting. My latest ventures is Pet Caskets and headstones. Both using my Shark to compliment the items I'm making. Still, after 5 years, I've yet to try my probe, but someday, if it hasn't corroded into a single piece. A friend that sculpts small infants did a baby face for me, and wanted the probe to copy it so I could include the face on some of my carvings. So, we'll see. Good hearing from you, and keep em coming, I'm back. ;)
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.