3d signs & cribbage boards

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Rando

Re: 3d signs & cribbage boards

Post by Rando »

Joe P wrote:Hi Thom, I have not had issues with it gumming. Maybe you're not waiting long enough. I apply with a foam brush from lowes. I've had foam brushes from other stores just crumple from the lacquer or they droop too much once they are loaded up. I don't thin it out either. Just a quick coat and let it sit. It sets up fast so if you see you missed a spot after a just a couple of minutes forget about going back for a touch up. You'll just make it worse by dragging partially dried stuff along and making streaks. Just wait for it to dry thoroughly and give it another coat. I lightly hand sand with 220 grit, vacuum, and tack it between coats.
Thanks, Joe. I'll keep that in mind...let it dry fully! It's pretty humid up here in WA from Sept to June, so maybe that's part of it.

Thanks for the advice,

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Studio 1966

Re: 3d signs & cribbage boards

Post by Studio 1966 »

This is really nice Joe P. I am brand new to the forum and trying to learn some things before my machine arrives, hopefully next week. I have been looking for a place to get US rivers in a file and maybe the terrainator will work for me. Thanks so much for posting the info!