Table for the HD4 Extended

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Char

Table for the HD4 Extended

Post by Char »

Not the first project actually using the machine but first one so I have a place to put it. :)
Attachments
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
Be the kind of woman a man fears, fix things, build things and do it right the first time!

Rando

Re: Table for the HD4 Extended

Post by Rando »

Char:

Smooth as a baby's fresh-driven snow! ;)

Nice...Welcome to the fun side of robot abuse, err exploitation. No! Robot....servitude. Hmmmm.... :twisted:

Over time, if you get into making multiple, identical, complex pieces, there will come a moment when you're standing in front of your machine wearing ear protection, and you'll honestly ask yourself "who's serving who here?" You'll feel like a parts changer AND a tool changer, and ask the machine, possibly out-loud, "why aren't YOU doing this part?"

Cheers!

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Char

Post by Char »

Yes this machine, err robot as you put it has already made me its slave and it is not even in my shop until Monday. First it was a table, then the small parts came from Rockler, laser ect. So yesterday I made a and hung a drawer to keep those in and of course the all important spoilboard needed to be made and ready for the first machining project. Of course when she gets her tomorrow other little tweaks will have to be done.
Be the kind of woman a man fears, fix things, build things and do it right the first time!

bigplns

Post by bigplns »

Char

Looks like a nice job there! I went the easy way and purchased a Kreg component Steel rolling table with three inch ball bearing casters. Was a piece of cake to assemble and it is a very nice addition to my shop.