Stop cutting wire-ties! Use 4CELNK-YR instead.

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Rando

Stop cutting wire-ties! Use 4CELNK-YR instead.

Post by Rando »

Okay, well this is half blatant push for a new venture, and half a CNC-beneficial project. I'll only stipulate that 3D printers are CNC too :twisted:

It's true I've been a lot scarce lately. Well, for about 8 weeks anyway. That's how long it took to have this idea, until now it's available for sale. That's cool!

=====================

TL/DR: Go to my new site (http://4CELNK.com). Buy stuff. It's awesome….Well, what are you waiting for? ;-)

Oh right…details. New business, producing parts of my own design and manufacture, for an area near and dear to my heart: deskside, household and shop cable/wiring management. I dunno about you, but I hate that every time I change some wiring, it costs a dozen or more nylon tie-wraps. Well, no more. Now I'm bringing 4CELNK-YR ("force link wire") to market to help with that. Please visit my new site, http://4celnk.com Hope you find something useful. eBay is an eventual destination. 20% site-wide discount during Grand Opening period.

=====================

I'll admit, not everyone ever notices cabling. Most don't give it a second thought. Cable Management? Is that like Parental Controls? Or do you mean the C's at the top that increase the prices?

Yes, Cable Management: the corralling, confining, restraining, coercing and cajoling those USB, Ethernet, Power cord, HDMI, speaker, and lighting, air, water and coolant tubes. Those beloved, always tangling carriers of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and other forces.

In some places, let's face it, the sheer numbers, the sagging, tripping, falling, even just the spouse's disapproval means something has to be done. Solutions, always seem to fall in one place: the trash can. As in, no matter what they are, the only model we're given--that of a tie-wrap in some form--is as a disposable thing.

But, should we? Should we be disposing of tie-wraps by the thousands? They're UV-resistant, fungus and bacteria won't touch them, they're filled with fire-retardant. That nylon is not going anywhere for a very long time.

I'm not saying "for shame on them!" and let's ban tie-wraps. No Way. I'm asking if there is a better solution for some of the cases?

What if I told you I'd designed a series of tie-wrap replacements that:

• Provide enough room to handle the cables people actually use
• Makes adding and removing cables easy. Yes, changing cabling without trashing the tie-wrap
• Cables are held in place firmly with very low chance of them coming out
• Changing cables result in zero waste
• Changing cables is fast and intuitive
• Changing cables doesn't free all the other cables in the bundle, from each other, nor from the tube
• If additional clamping force is needed, it's a a dynamic (springy) tension, not a static tightness, and the springy bits should be in direct contact with the tube
• The springy bits have to be readily available anywhere, and inexpensive
• If you have truly a LOT of cables, there should be Large-Capacity models.
• It should be possible to “secure” the installation so it’s very difficult to get wires in or out
• It should allow you to remove the entire set of wires from the place where they're held, in the form of an intact harness.
• The design has to be strong “enough” to handle a “surprising” amount of cables, not impervious to all loads.
• It looks REALLY cool.

The key being: No Tools, and No Waste.

You put it on, and you can move wires in and out at will. You don't have to throw away an entire set of thousand-year plastic parts just to change out a dead cable, or add a sub-woofer.

Sound like maybe an interesting thing? Well that thing is pictured below.

Welcome to a new way of cabling:

4CELNK-YR: "Force Link - Wire"

These 3D printed cable clips come in a variety of shapes and sizes, purpose made for an ever-growing set of needs. That is, needs where cabling needs to change, and a pile of tie-wraps to be thrown away is seen as a bad thing. That means event canopies and DJ booths that use EMT tubing; on tube-based gaming sim-rigs like the Obutto's; on those metal post-and-wire-shelving racks, and even underneath, behind and on-top-of desks. And the 4CELNK-YR products give you flexible cabling with No Tools, and No Waste.

4CELNK.com : Force Link Dot Com.
2018-027-017 Slice Compositing together v1.01.007.jpg

Regards,

Thom "Rando" Randolph
Last edited by Rando on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

sharkcutup

Re: Stop cutting wire-ties! Use 4CELNK-YR instead.

Post by sharkcutup »

Please visit my new site, http://4celnk.com; hope you find something useful. eBay is an eventual destination. 20% site-wide discount during Grand Opening period.
Need to take the semi-colon out of the link I order for it to work properly!!!

Have a Great Day!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Rando

Post by Rando »

sharkcutup wrote:
Please visit my new site, http://4celnk.com; hope you find something useful. eBay is an eventual destination. 20% site-wide discount during Grand Opening period.
Need to take the semi-colon out of the link I order for it to work properly!!!

Have a Great Day!!!

Sharkcutup

Gee!!! Shark!!! Cut!!! Up!!! I!!! Don't!!! Know!!! How!!! Many!!! GDMFSOB!!! Exclamation!!! Points!!! Do!!! You!!! Need!!!?

And just to be clear, that text was not actually put in as a link, it was just text. The system decided that it was a link, and IT
included the semicolon in the link. Not anything I did. All I did was follow proper grammar rules. So stop shouting. The false
sense of urgency appears puerile.
Last edited by Rando on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rando you are so dramatic ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcKSkH9qdKE

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

BTW - AWESOME products!

Unfortunately though, I will stay with cutting ties whether they be wire or plastic!

Enjoy the video in my previous post - He, He

Have a Great Day! :roll:

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

BillK

Post by BillK »

Hi Rando,

I like these cable organizers. I had a similar idea that I use to hang Christmas lights on a block wall in front of my house. The clips attach to the face of the top plates of the wall. The light string rides in the small hook at the bottom. The clips are springy enough that they stay in place just from that spring and friction. There is no marks left on the wall when they are removed. I cut these out of 1/4" HDPE. Sorry the picture is so bad, maybe this is something to expand into. I still use cable ties on other railings but plan to make this type for there also.
image.jpeg
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

Rando

Post by Rando »

sharkcutup wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rando you are so dramatic ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcKSkH9qdKE

Sharkcutup
And you, sir have a dysfunctional, and improperly aligned lack of sense of humor. Literally.

You use what is known as "Aggressive Humor", always finding fault with others, always trying
to envision yourself higher than the rest. Get over yourself. You use this "humor" to put down
others because you can't handle situations in which you are not the smartest person in the
room. This has been clear since the first I came across you. Your derision of others proves
you lack empathy for others, and think nothing of holding others up to you shaming them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humor_styles

It is not welcome, it is not funny, and you need to learn to be less condescending.

Rando

BillK

Post by BillK »

Sorry for interrupting.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver