Designs for Engraving

How-to videos on the CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bmiestervs

Designs for Engraving

Post by bmiestervs »

Is there any free designs that Shark owners can use on projects for engraving such as butterflies, animals, sports etc.

NewAgent45

Re: Designs for Engraving

Post by NewAgent45 »

Bmiestervs:

I'm assuming you are using Vectric Software (VCarve Pro or Aspire) I just upgraded from VCP 7.5 to VCP 8. With the upgrade there is a whole series (over 300) of "freebees" including Clip art & 3D models some of these are animals. I have already used several of these for projects.

I was able to get the upgraded software with no charge. If you are using there software you can check with Vectric to see if your are eligible for free or discounted upgrade. I found the upgrade easy to install without affecting the original version. Also found that the transition to the new version was simple.

Hope this helps!

.... Rod

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

If your looking for clipart go to google and type in what your looking for, example butterfly line drawing or butterfly coloring pages. Thats how I get my clipart for a lot of my carvings.

Tony

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

I'm with Tony on this. I always Google line art after entering what your looking for. Just about any drawing can be used. If you need to clean it up a bit, I use GIMP. It's free, very powerful, and pretty easy to use. I also have a program on my iPhone that turns a regular photo into line art, called photosketch, and SketchFree. These two really work well, but usually needs cleaning up a bit.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

steveo44

Post by steveo44 »

BELOW IS A LINK TO A FACEBOOK GROUP THAT SHARE FILES.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/415833581934542/