Videos.....wow, not much help.

How-to videos on the CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

wolffie

Re: Videos.....wow, not much help.

Post by wolffie »

I guess one useful method would be if one had to turn the material over, there would be no risk of marking it by crashing into the router.
Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

plascell9

Post by plascell9 »

I assume comments are for the #1 - #7 videos. . . I agree there are problems following them. Would have been nice if they were in order of the WELCOME sign project so you don't have to hunt all over for the next video. I think they should have been listed as #1, #4, #3, #2, #5, #7 (I gave up before seeing #6). The details on the computer screen are blurred and just counting the number of ICONs in a row are not the same. Doesn't seem to make much difference even if enlarged to full screen. There must have been software changes. I am using VCarve Pro 6.504. I seem to have trouble backing up steps (screens) and verifying I entered the correct data in the correct order. I often have problems being able to select the graphic part to highlight that I will generate a new toolpath for.

Is there another (better) tutorial on how to use my version of software? Is there a electronic manual ( .pdf ) for my VCarve Pro software that I haven't yet found?

I knew I was in trouble when something I was trying to do warned me the bit would go more than 4" into the table and asked if I was fool enough to to it :(

milo30

Post by milo30 »

what you need is found on the vectric website. they have software specific training videos and pdf files that will walk you thru everything as far as the software. you will be able to read icons on their videos

plascell9

Post by plascell9 »

Thanks milo30. I will go back and look again. All I see is for version 7 and later. I think I tried this before and didn't find I had the files they talked about. The fonts being different for text was a giveaway that the softwares were not the same.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

They came out with the new version earlier this year. I believe that they were giving free upgrades for a year back. You might check into it and see if you qualify for the upgrade. You should have gotten an email about it and some people had it go to their spam folder. Not much difference but they did add a few things to it that are nice. I'll look and see about the videos.

I didn't see it but there are several videos on youtube for that and other versions. I'd also ask on the vcarve forum and someone will point you to it or have the pdf file I am sure.

tmerrill

Post by tmerrill »

Is there a electronic manual ( .pdf ) for my VCarve Pro software that I haven't yet found?
Yes there is.

If you find the VCarve Pro 6.5 folder in your C:\Program Files (x86) directory (for 64 bit computers) or C:\Program Files (for 32 bit computers) and dig down to Language>ENU>Help>Docs you will find a 220 page electronic Reference Manual in PDF format.

This manual contains the same information as the Help Contents available from the VCP Main Menu, however it is formatted for browsing and printing, if desired.

It has bookmarks, an index and you can do a keyword search by using CTRL-F to open a Find input box.

Tim

plascell9

Post by plascell9 »

Thanks Tim. I have made a shortcut on my desktop to the reference manual so I can get to it quickly. We are making progress.
Pete