Portability options

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

crusher

Portability options

Post by crusher »

I just got my Shark Pro Plus home, and have installed the software, registered all of it, etc. My question is has anyone mounted this machine on a portable platform of any kind to aid in mobile setups such as outdoor use in flea markets, fairs, craft shows. and the like. I'm pretty sure that everything needs to be as level as possible, just don't know how well the shark can take being moved without compromising performance/accuracy.

Kevink18

Re: Portability options

Post by Kevink18 »

I have put mine on a cart with wheels just for this reason but a lot of shows want it to guarded so have not took it out but one time shows are to short and not worth taking it. Most projects that people want take to long to cut. If it is for just v carving in a sign it mite be ok.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I've also got mine on a mobile cart, but not to take it out of my shop. Mainly just so I can roll it around a bit to sweep around/under it.

studio-n

Post by studio-n »

check out this gurney cart http://www.salesmakercarts.com/equipmen ... loader.asp. maybe something like this would work.
"Out of my mind.....back in 5 minutes"
Rockler 60th Anniversary CNC Shark
w/digital probe, and 4th axis attachment.
ULS M300 Laser Engraver 50 Watt
Aspire and Corel Draw
NextEngine 2020i 3D scanner

gmm50

Post by gmm50 »

We build a plywood box for our Shark....Just to keep the dust and plastic from flying about.
Several examples in the forum. We also put in plexiglass windows which is great to watch progress.

But it's really heavy. We have it on saw horses and a door as a table top. It's earned a real table and one is on order.
So I think it could be done but it's going to be HEAVY.....Not for old men
George

GARYR6

Post by GARYR6 »

You might want to search the topic. Many of us with smaller CNCs have given it a thought.
You might fine that shows have a restriction on the noise and power can be an issue as well.
Longer shows or fairs might provide you a better opportunity, especially if it has an indoor facility to work from.
I have always dreamed of working the county fair back home.... well ok maybe eating my way through the week is more like it.
Hey if you give it a try, post pics and relate the experience to us.
Good luck

crusher

Post by crusher »

Thanks, I'm still reading through all of the posts in my spare time. What a wealth of info!