Error Using Touch Plate

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

HFA

Error Using Touch Plate

Post by HFA »

I am new to routing (about a month) and using the CNC Shark (control panel v1.6 build 13). I purchased a touch plate to use with the router. Unfortunately, I typically get an error message when I click on "Detect Touch Plate": "Cannot detect Touch Plate. Please make sure the Touch Plate is plugged into the controller."

The touch plate is plugged into the controller, and the wire from the controller is plugged into the touch plate. The magnet is also placed appropriately. I encountered the issue when I first started using my new CNC Shark, and after trying some troubleshooting, abandoned it in order to move ahead with my projects. I kept trying the touch plate from time to time and continued to receive the error. For some reason today, it actually worked a couple of times, and then stopped working again.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I've seen posts from a few years ago about the touch plate but nothing recent (i.e., I did check to see what was on the Forum). Any ideas to help me get the touch plate to work consistently?

tonydude

Re: Error Using Touch Plate

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.