Why?

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jacduck

Why?

Post by Jacduck »

I am getting output like this often and sometime I know where I went wrong but this one I have no idea. A week or so ago it did a similar output while doing a cutout and went dep into the spoil board on the opposite (rt) side of the piece. I did a check a couple of days ago with a 24" x 24" run with a 1.25 spoil board fixer and there was not enough variation to mention, just some fine lines barely palpable.
The whole run should have been done at o.1 and the start point was the deepest. I did a before the start plate Z check and then used virtual zero to get started.

I thought when I got the new HD4 that te software would be my downfall but now it seems there is no consistency in the output. After maybe 15 attempts there are only a couple of projects that I would say came out okay. HELP!
Attachments
Piece of scrap.jpg
John C up in MI aka jacduck before the internet

tonydude

Re: Why?

Post by tonydude »

Check to see if your router is tight in the mount. Also check your bit, make sure it isn't slipping down.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Jacduck

Post by Jacduck »

Thanks Tony, router is tight and so was bit. Re-did the project and it came out fine but I still can't figure out how it started deep and then went to the assigned depth. I will keep scratching my head. my only other thought is the overhead vacuum hose being too heavy but that doesn't make much sense to me either.

Bob

Post by Bob »

John,
Would you post your crv file? It could be helpful in finding problems.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Jacduck

Post by Jacduck »

Bob thanks for the offer, but I ran the thing a second time and it came out okay with no change in the crv and now I have made some changes to it with different fonts etc.

I plan on running it again tomorrow hopefully for the last time. New at this so I didn't even think of saving sequential files of the crv changes for analysis.

Jacduck

Post by Jacduck »

Still having problems, this one among many which basically is the same as the scrape thingy I started this thread with.
What I expected.bmp
Still having depth issues, this is what I expected from V dt.

Depth should have been 0.1 mostly 0.2+ with ramps that came from I don't know where.

I checked the touch plate and it had a varience of 0.007 in 5 tries but to me that is not all that significant. What else am I missing?
Asha boob sign.crv
CRV
(7.15 MiB) Downloaded 316 times
Attachments
What I got
What I got

beartown

Post by beartown »

Try increasing your safe Z distance.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Use a 60 deg v bit with the v carve toolpath. I redid yours using the vcarve toolpath.

Tony
Attachments
redone.bmp
vcarve.JPG
mine.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Jacduck

Post by Jacduck »

I will certainly try that shortly. I guess my big concern it the variance in depth, do you think that the V carve will change that? Time will tell shortly, I cleaned off the scrap and will go at it this eve. Thanks

Jacduck

Post by Jacduck »

A quick try gave me good results, the only depth variance was because of board warp that virtual zero did not make up for about 0.05 deeper on the rt of boob vs beware. I am keeping the original taps and will work it out on scrap. I still don't understand because the depth on the Vcarve was 0.139 and the original was 0.1 and the Vcarve was a lot shallower to the eye. Same bit BTW. Again thanks for the assistance, my OCD appreciates it.