New Shark Pro HD

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

kruizer

Re: New Shark Pro HD

Post by kruizer »

The Shark HD is set up and every body is talking amongst themselves quite contentedly. I drew a pocket program in V-Carve and have successfully converted it into the proper code and have run it in an air cut on the machine. The only problem there is at this point is the gantry wants to rock as if it is mechanically loose. We are working on that now. I trammed the table for flatness and could only come up with about .010 or so. That is pretty good for a wood machine I think. So, HooRay for the time being.
kruizer

Joraft

Post by Joraft »

kruizer wrote:
The Shark HD is set up and every body is talking amongst themselves quite contentedly.
Thanks for the update, Kruizer.

You got yours pretty fast, what part of the country are you in?
John

kruizer

Post by kruizer »

Joraft wrote:
kruizer wrote:
The Shark HD is set up and every body is talking amongst themselves quite contentedly.
Thanks for the update, Kruizer.

You got yours pretty fast, what part of the country are you in?
We exist in the frozen North called Minnesota
kruizer

Joraft

Post by Joraft »

kruizer wrote:
We exist in the frozen North called Minnesota
Isn't the Rockler main warehouse located in Minnesota? If so, that sure would explain your fast delivery. Image
Last edited by Joraft on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

Alaskaed

Post by Alaskaed »

:D just picked my hd up and hauling it to the shop , any suggestions on spare parts bits (up or down cut) whatever?

al wolford

Post by al wolford »

I know everyone is anxious to be the first person on the block to get their Shark HD.[/b]
There has been a tremendous response. (Some would say it was a feeding frenzy!)
Next Wave Automation...Tim...and...everyone at Rockler has been working feverishly to meet demands. I have hesitated to make any responses until it became more clear what the supply vs.demand picture is.
To answer some of the concerns that have been expressed:
- Yes, the units initially ship from our distribution center in Minnesota.
- Several units have shipped direct to catalog and retail customers starting mid-week this week.
- Orders placed through our retail stores BEGAN shipping to stores this week also. I would encourage everyone to contact their local store for more detailed information. I think you will hear good news!

kruizer

Post by kruizer »

Alaskaed wrote::D just picked my hd up and hauling it to the shop , any suggestions on spare parts bits (up or down cut) whatever?
I am so new to this kind of wood working that I can't make any recommendation just yet.
kruizer

Joraft

Post by Joraft »

I think that I may have found my HD!

I ordered the machine at the WIA conference from the local Rockler store in Cincinnati. I have called that store several times since Nov. 1, and was told every time that I would be contacted immediately with a tracking number as soon as it was on its way.

The machine was to be shipped directly to the Rockler nearest me, which is in Pasadena, California. I called that store last week and they knew nothing about it.

I called the Cincinnati store today, and they still couldn't tell me anything but said they will check into it and call me back.

I called the Pasadena store again today and spoke to the manager. He said they do have an HD sitting there, but no paper work came with the machine, so he's not sure if that's mine. He had wondered why they had received it because they had not ordered one, but he had not checked with anyone at Rockler.

I'm now waiting to find out for sure. There must be an invoice out there somewhere with my name on it, and showing that it's paid for. They didn't have one to give me at the show. All I have is a hand written credit card draft and a bank statement showing the money going out of my account to Rockler last Oct. 3.

Does anyone remember that 70s movie, "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight"? :D
John

SPH01

Post by SPH01 »

Wow, I ordered my from Guy at the Orange store and he was all over it. He would update me and called as soon as UPS hit the store on Tuesday with it.
Hope you get that figured out today. The weekend is coming and its time to play.

Joraft

Post by Joraft »

SPH01 wrote:
Wow, I ordered my from Guy at the Orange store and he was all over it. He would update me and called as soon as UPS hit the store on Tuesday with it.
Hope you get that figured out today. The weekend is coming and its time to play.
I guess the situation varies from store to store. I have never been called once by any Rockler representative regarding my machine, it has always been me doing the calling. And each time I got the impression that I had been forgotten since the last call. Maybe I'm just a cranky old man, but I really resent being the only one doing the work on this transaction.

Yesterday, when I called Mike (assistant manager) at the Cincinnati store, he told me that he would check into things and call me right back. That call never came.

And when I called the Pasadena store and asked to speak to the manager, Lee Iacopetti, he couldn't even be bothered to pick up the phone. All I heard was his muffled voice in the background as the guy who answered the phone relayed my questions to him. The bottom line, they have an HD they didn't order, there is no paperwork with it so they don't know who it belongs to, and beyond that they couldn't help me. They recommended that I call the Cicinnati store. And so it goes.

I really don't know what to do at this point, but I'm not counting too much on having a machine to play with this weekend.
John