Jog does not work

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MYourich

Jog does not work

Post by MYourich »

I just got my shark pro plus. I downloaded the software and firmware. My problem is when I am in the jog part of the shark control panel and I move down in the Z axis, the machine actually moves in the Y axis towards the front. When I jog up (Z+)in the control panel, this actually produces a movement in the Y axis to the rear of the machine. Also, the control panel control of the Y axis produces movement in the Z axis. I get no movement at all from the X axis. I have checked my connections on the back of the controler 3 times(all are well seated and match label to label). I wonder if the cables and (or) the controler my be mislabeled or wired wrong. Any ideas ?

REG

Re: Jog does not work

Post by REG »

Yes, I would say an error in labeling. One of my plugs came without a label so with help from Tim I safely attached each cable one at a time to the "Y" axis. Each time I jog the "Y" I would take note which axis actually moved. In this way I verified which axis was which and labeled accordingly. Once connected to the controller the axis was properly configured.