Won't load G code File

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

joshkeller01

Won't load G code File

Post by joshkeller01 »

I'm having problem bot being able to load the G code file. I start the shark control panel and go to load file I pick the right file and there's an error that comes up "load error". It won't even load the G code file that it came with to test it. And that did work since I ran them files right when I purchased it. Need some help on what to do to trouble shoot this issue. I've noticed it also seams to loose connection from the shark controller to the computer not sure if this is a related issue or not?

Thanks

4DThinker

Re: Won't load G code File

Post by 4DThinker »

Check the memory card in the controller. Also the USB cable. Even though nothing may have changed I've seen memory cards fail and USB cables go flaky before.

joshkeller01

Post by joshkeller01 »

Where is the memory card located? Do I need to take the outside cover off. Also for the USB cable is that something that I would be able to buy locally?

joshkeller01

Post by joshkeller01 »

I found the memory card and even tried a different one but that didn't work, and the USB cable looks like a cable that would be used on a printer. Is that all that it is?

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

Yes it is a standard USB cable one for a printer will work fine

joshkeller01

Post by joshkeller01 »

I tried a different USB cable and it's still giving me a "load error". the G code will show up though but it won't let me run it.

joshkeller01

Post by joshkeller01 »

I put a brand new USB cable on and put in a brand new memory card still have the same outcome. Any suggestions where to go from here?

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Josh,

Try a simple reformatting of the memory card. But also be sure it is seated. It can be a little challenging to ensure this is seated - although I've been told that new control boxes make this easier to be more confident/know that it is seated.

Also be sure that you have followed some of the tips in the user manual about computer settings with regard to power settings and usb ports sleeping if not in use. You might also try a different USB port on the computer. It feels like an intermittent connection of some sort.

ruhnau

Post by ruhnau »

Your problem might be with the tap file. Make sure that you have the right post processor selectet when you save the tap file.

joshkeller01

Post by joshkeller01 »

Thank you for all your help. I finally got it to work. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the control panel a few times before it would actually work.

Now I have a new problem when I load in the G code tap file it's like it's to a smaller scale than when I created it. Is there something that I'm missing in either the tap file or in the control panel somewhere?