How to Unlock Control Panel?

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

RP1

How to Unlock Control Panel?

Post by RP1 »

I have a new 60th Anniv and having difficulty with the Control Panel software. I followed the instruction in the manual including the Online registration. But now several issues:

1. The Online registration evidently didn't go through as I'm now locked out and getting the "register the software" message (even though it hasn't been 30 days).
2. I tried re-registering multiple times (via online and email) and finally got Registration Keys emailed to me today. But now I can't get past the "register the software" message to enter them.
3. When I contacted Tech Support they said I should have Control Panel 2.0 for the 60th Anniv--but the only instructions I have/download I can find are for Control Panel 1.5.

So what do I do now?
Am I supposed to have 1.5 or 2.0?
If 1.5 how do I get past the stupid "register the software" message to enter the Keys?
If 2.0 where are the instructions/downloads?
Is this supposed to be this hard????!!!! (and this is just the check out...)

studio-n

Re: How to Unlock Control Panel?

Post by studio-n »

Hello. If you got the 60th Anniv. model You should have received 1 sheet of paper (yeah that's all they give you) that has the Serial # for 2.0 control panel.
It should be on the label that reads RETAIN FOR YOUR RECORDS.
A third of the way down that same page you should see a link for CNC Shark Control 2.0.
Type that link exactly as shown and it will download 2.01. I have re-verified that this does so.

If like me you had 1.5 installed, it might be helpful to do an uninstall to make sure all the shortcuts and links are gone.
You're right - it shouldn't be that hard. A hardcover manual or instructional DVD would be helpful. "Mom, All the other guys are doing it"
Good luck.
"Out of my mind.....back in 5 minutes"
Rockler 60th Anniversary CNC Shark
w/digital probe, and 4th axis attachment.
ULS M300 Laser Engraver 50 Watt
Aspire and Corel Draw
NextEngine 2020i 3D scanner

RP1

Post by RP1 »

Thanks studio-n! The "RETAIN FOR YOUR RECORDS" was the key--I had long ago filed that away w/o reading past those highlighted words. "PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT SOFTWARE INSTRUCTIONS" might be a better title...

zstat

Post by zstat »

When I registered I didn't think I received the info either only to find it in my Spam folder...