Control box not booting up

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

WJScrews

Control box not booting up

Post by WJScrews »

So got done with a project disconnected the USB from my PC and realized the 3 lights on the front were no longer on. I went through a functions check and the box is getting paper as there are lights coming on inside the box however the shark it self is not powering up as it usually has that high pitch noise when it does and when connected to the PC it acts as if it is not on. I have also check fuses one at the power cord and one I found inside they are both fine.

Of course it is the weekend and no support so looking for ideas or if anyone else has had the same problem of so what was the fix.

tonydude

Re: Control box not booting up

Post by tonydude »

Did you shut down the computer and control box and than power back on?

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

WJScrews

Post by WJScrews »

Yes, The 3 LEDs on the front of the control box do not light up nor does it communicate with the Shark usually there is a noise high pitch when it turns on the motors.
Attachments
Power on no lights up front
Power on no lights up front
Power on there are lights on the inside
Power on there are lights on the inside

bill z

Post by bill z »

I can see that there is some electricity getting to your controller because I can see red and green light inside, unless they are reflections from your Christmas lights.

Just a guess here, but maybe the micro SD card went bad. They can only take so many writes and that number depends on the quality of the manufacturer of the SD.

Again, just a thought.

WJScrews

Post by WJScrews »

No reflection the lights were on inside just not outside. Interesting about the SD card. Is there a way to clear it out or does it need to be replaced. I saw it but figured it had something to do with the programming therefore did not mess with it.

bill z

Post by bill z »

WJScrews,

Have you gotten your problem resolved yet?

I looked up some posts about the SD Chip. If I remember right, the SD chip is a temp memory for the controller to use while working. If it can't find work space, it may not boot up.

Here are some postings about the sd chips.

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... ent#p20851

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... hip#p20724

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... hip#p16993