Router Power Cord Management

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ChubbyRooster

Router Power Cord Management

Post by ChubbyRooster »

I know a long title. We have actually had our HD4 set up for a couple of weeks and run it every weekend. One item I am not satisfied with is managing the power cord for the router. Currently I have it over the corner of the gantry, but have to watch it closely if there is a lot of movement. Any ideas or recommendations are welcome.
Jim

SteveM

Re: Router Power Cord Management

Post by SteveM »

When I had the HD4, I zip tied the cord of the router to the outer side of the track that houses the wires for the Z stepper motor.
That kept the router cord out of the way.

gordread

Post by gordread »

SteveM wrote:When I had the HD4, I zip tied the cord of the router to the outer side of the track that houses the wires for the Z stepper motor.
That kept the router cord out of the way.
This is pretty much what I did. Zip ties work great. Just make sure you clip them short.

tpulley

Post by tpulley »

I have been thinking about this as well. I am working toward making a spring loaded wire carrier. So as it travels it can flex in multiple directions. A secondary idea is to hang from my ceiling a hook and try that idea.
HD4 extended, Vcarve pro 8.5, 4th axis, Laser. Learning everyday...

rapidskate

Post by rapidskate »

Run the router cord in the same track that houses the stepper motor wires. Each section of the track pops open separately. My router cord then only was long enough to get to the gantry leg so I ordered a 3' extension cord to get it to the controller the same as the stepper cord. I don't get any electrical interference running the wires in the track.

ChubbyRooster

Post by ChubbyRooster »

Sorry for the late response, all great ideas. Right now (and not a good one), I am using a piece of painters tape to hold the cord at the corner of the gantry...:-(