Home X & Y Axes

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Outlaw5852

Home X & Y Axes

Post by Outlaw5852 »

Where can I find some information on what Home X & Y Axes is and, what it does? I don't see anything in the manual

Thank you,

SteveM

Re: Home X & Y Axes

Post by SteveM »

Please post which machine you have so you get the correct answers.

Outlaw5852

Post by Outlaw5852 »

Shark HD4 Extended

Outlaw5852

Post by Outlaw5852 »

I would like to thank this forum community for all the help with this question I asked only 30 short days ago.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Home / Start Position This is the absolute position that the tool will start moving from and where the tool can be programmed to return to at the end of cutting the job.
Above is straight from the Vectric 'Help Contents' menu in V-Carve 8.5

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Outlaw5852

Post by Outlaw5852 »

I'm asking about the menu in the pendant not in the vectric software. Perhaps you should read the question before attempting a snarky answer. If I have a vectric question I ask them.

Rando

Post by Rando »

Outlaw5852 wrote:I'm asking about the menu in the pendant not in the vectric software. Perhaps you should read the question before attempting a snarky answer. If I have a vectric question I ask them.
It just means go to the set X0Y0. At least on the control-panel software, if you hit home twice, it goes to Z0 also.

There are no "home" switches on the axes. Sharks swim freely...sometimes into the sides of their cages :P.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

I'm asking about the menu in the pendant not in the vectric software. Perhaps you should read the question before attempting a snarky answer. If I have a vectric question I ask them.
Excuse me!!! Snarky answer???

But I do not see any mention of pendant, machine type, menu, which manual, software (control panel, vectric), etc..., in the statement below which is quoted from your original thread. We here on this forum are not mind readers!!! :roll:
Where can I find some information on what Home X & Y Axes is and, what it does? I don't see anything in the manual
I assumed from the information provided and I am Sorry if I offended you or if I tried to help.

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Rando

Post by Rando »

Now, now, be nice you two.....

On the Sharks, they don't have "home switches" that prevent the machine from overrunning the ends, nor for designating a hardware "zero". Therefore, regardless of whether you're using a pendant or the control panel software, the Shark only has one place it CAN go...to it's X0Y0.

Seriously, though....the reason I didn't answer your question was that it's such an integral part of using the machine, that I just assumed you'd figured it out by now. Which, from our point of view, because it IS so fundamental to using the machine, means that if, after that time, you have NOT figured it out, then there must be something more to why you're asking. After all, to figure out what it does, press the button :D. Which, I suspect, is why Sharkcutup looked for some wider reason you might be asking.

Lesson learned: asking a fully formed question requires giving the context, both of what you already know, and the specific reason you're asking.

Because the truth is, this is what the home button on the pendant does: it gets pushed. Whether anything else happens depends on far too many things for your original question to have led a respondent in the direction you really sought.

Have a Nice Day.

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Outlaw5852

Post by Outlaw5852 »

My apologies forum users.

In the pendant of the Shark HD4, Press "Apps" - on the next screen a series of choices comes up and one of them is "Home X & Y Axes". After pushing that another series of choices comes up. Form here it seems that the included touch probe is needed to perhaps find the material edge so it knows how the material is loaded on the table. But that is just a guess. Since I haven't found any reading material on this part of the pendant menu, I thought it would be best to ask for help.

Thank you,