Laser

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

GWDawg1

Laser

Post by GWDawg1 »

I need help with the laser. I have the correct post processor installed and all other versions of the hardware are current. I cannot get the laser to fire, everything else works. the .tap file draws the proper diagram, etc. only no laser burn. New Wave doesnt seem to want to help too much. Does anyone have a suggestion? This is really frustrating as I wanted to work up some Christmas gifts with the laser.

Thanks.

Rando

Re: Laser

Post by Rando »

Take a look around in these forums...I seem to remember a somewhat recent (<6 months?) posting and resolution here. IIRC, there was some issue about which version of the control panel software had to be used. I also seem to remember something about there being a prescribed order in which the different parts get turned on. If you can find that posting, that might yield some good information. I do seem to remember the OP on that one saying they got it to work.

Hope that gets you going in the right direction.

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

GWDawg1

Re: Laser

Post by GWDawg1 »

After posting around the net, on Facebook and a couple of conversations with Next Wave, etc., I found the solution. It was a bad/loose connection at the control box. This seems to be a fairly common problem and the highly technical fix was to wiggle the connector at the box. Wa La, laser working. I also discovered during this frustrating ordeal that Vectric software does not support directly outputting the laser .tap file to the computer. Hope this helps anyone who is using the laser.